2022 Budokan Annual Dojo Tournament
REGISTER HERE FOR THE 2022 BUDOKAN TOURNAMENT SHIAI DIVISIONS.
REGISTER HERE for the 2022 BUDOKAN TOURNAMENT KATA DIVISONS (Tori and Uke must register separately).
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION PACKET AVAILABLE IN PDF FORMAT.
Budokan Tournament Certificate Regarding Non-Black Belt Contestants available HERE.
Budokan Tournament Remote Weigh-in Roster available HERE.
Sponsored by Budokan Dojo & Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Washington
Sanctioned by the USJF #22-09-04
Sanction Number: USJF #22-09-04
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2022
Location: Kentridge High School
12430 SE 208th St.
Kent, Washington 98031
Athlete Check-in Times: 7:30-8:00 AM (Kata), 7:30-9:00 AM (Jrs.), 8:00-11:30 AM (Srs.)
Officials/ Coaches Meeting: 8:30 AM Regional Referee Testing: 7:30 AM (written exam)
Head Referee: Gordon Nelson, IJF Continental
Tournament Director: Calvin Terada
Kata Director: Yuko Mera
Starting Time: Kata starts at 8:30 AM
Junior shiai starts at 9:30 AM
Senior shiai starts at 1:00 PM
Entry Fee: Junior and Senior divisions: US $50.00 for first division and US $25.00 for each additional division.
Kata divisions US $50.00 per participant for first Kata and US $25.00 per participant for each additional kata.
Step 1. Valid National Registration. Make sure you have a valid USJF, USA Judo, USJA, or foreign federation card prior to registering for the shiai or kata competition.
Step 2. Register online. For all entries, register online at www.budokanjudoseattle.com by 11:59 PM Tuesday, September 13, 2022. All entries will be closed on 12:00AM Wednesday, September 14, 2022. No walk-ups will be accepted on the day of the competition. Please scan and attach a copy of your valid USJF, USA Judo, USJA, or foreign federation card and the non-black belt waiver signed by the participant’s coach/instructor for all participants under the rank of Shodan. Only online payments will be accepted.
Step 3. Remote Weigh in. Between September 12-14, 2022 remote weigh-in will be conducted by each dojo and one roster will be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
Step 4. Report to the Mat. Having completed the steps above, simply report to the venue on Saturday, September 17, 2022. Tournament opens at 7:30AM.
SHIAI Rules - current IJF rules will be used with the following modifications:
1. Round robin (four or fewer competitors) or modified double elimination.
2. Full IJF rules will be used with the following modifications: Chokes will be allowed in Juvenile Junior, Cadet Junior and all Senior divisions. Armlocks will be allowed in Cadet Junior and Senior Brown/Black Belt divisions only.
3. Co-ed competition for children 10 years and younger may occur depending on the number of entries in those divisions.
4. Contestants must adhere to the rules of the division in which they compete regardless of age or rank.
For example, chokes are allowed for a 12-year-old who elects to compete in the Junior Juvenile division.
5. Armlocks are NOT allowed for Senior Novice competitors. Senior Novice competitors also cannot move up into the Senior Brown/Black Belt Divisions.
6. Blue and white judogis are required for all competitors (Seniors and Juniors) with the following exceptions: Kids 1 and Boys 2 & Girls 2 division.
7. Junior Cadets and Men’s and Women’s Senior Brown/Black Belt division matches will be 4 minutes in length. Junior intermediate, juvenile and Senior Novice division matches will be 3 minutes in length. Kids Junior 1, Boys and Girls Junior 2 division matches will be 3 minutes in length.
8. Tournament director reserves the right to: a) make changes to divisions if there are insufficient contestants and will notify coaches of any such event prior to competition; and b) reject any forms that contain false information.
9. To receive awards athletes must be in judo gi or proper team attire.
KATA RULES AND DIVISIONS:
Nage No Kata: All Ages
Scoring will be based on all five sets of Nage No Kata. Competitors may perform only the first three sets of Nage No Kata (Te-waza, Koshi-waza and Ashi-waza), but will receive no points for the final two sets (Ma- sutemi-waza and Yoko-sutemi-waza).
Katame No Kata: All Ages
Scoring will be based on all three sets of Katame No Kata. Competitors may perform only the first two sets of Katame No Kata (Osaekomi-waza and Shime-waza), but will receive no points for the final set (Kansetsu-waza).
Ju No Kata: All Ages
Scoring will be based on all three sets of Ju No Kata. Competitors must perform all sets.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded for each kata.
SHIAI RULES AND DIVISIONS:
Please note these divisions excluding Senior Brown Belt and Black Belt divisions, are guidelines only and may be modified at Tournament Director’s discretion according to number and weight of the entries.